Sunday 16 February 2014

My nightime Skincare routine...



As a beautician i have a very thorough skincare routine. Yes i split my week into different skincare options to make sure i get everything in. So here is my Sunday, Wednesday and Friday routine. 

I want to keep this blog real, and although i love seeing peoples make up and photos taken once we have spent a good amount of time getting ready, i also want people to know that we're all human, we do have skin without make up and that it's ok to post on here without it being 'perfect' so.....Here's me at the end of the day. I'd not slept very well, Shiny skin, in my pjs and hair scraped back.



I am currently using up the last of my Clarins, One step facial cleanser. This is a bi-phase product meaning its part water part oil. I am currently out of my eye make-up remover so using this gets all my eye make up off whilst acting as an all over skin cleanser. It's a nice product if you have normal-dry skin but as i have an oily skin i wouldn't purchase it. I use it on a night so that i could finish the bottle. This removes make-up really well. Just shake it to wake it and apply to a cotton pad and sweep all over the face. Perfect for people who don't have alot of time or people who struggle to remember have a skincare routine as it's quick and does both eyes and skin. 


Next i sweep Clarins Gentle Exfoliator on a cotton pad around my face. This acts like a second cleanse too. This is a chemical exfoliator which means there are no grainy bits in it but simply either certain acids or fruit enzymes that munch away at dead skin (imagine pac man on your skin) This is perfect for people with sensitive skins, rosacea or broken capillaries as you're not scrubbing away at the skins surface. I use it as i get dull skin very easily. Simply leave on and continue with your routine. 

I then tone with my Decleor Essential Tonifying Lotion. This product is beautiful. It smells amazing and really makes my skin feel lovely and soft. You can either apply by using your hands or a cotton pad then simply blot dry with a tissue. 

I use this eye gel morning and night. It is Clarins Eye Contour Gel. The gel is the lightest formula as they also do it in a balm. My biggest problem is bags and dark circles under my eyes as i don't sleep very well. This is really soothing and dries really quickly which is perfect in a morning when im wanting to apply make up straight after. 



If you can see the tiny amount i have on my ring finger. You only need a grain of rice size per eye. Too much eye cream can cause bags. Apply to the bones, so below your eye on the orbital bone, and on your eyebrow. Gently pat the product in. Dont rub onto your eyelids or close to the eye underneath, eye products migrate to where it's needed. 

I finish off by using my Decleor Balm Esential neroli. This product is AMAZING! i used to hate the night balms as i have such an oily skin and the texture felt too heavy for me, but i used it for a week religiously and i am now hooked. There are balms for all skin types including oily. They work by drip feeding the skin all night with the ingredients within them. Decleor is aromatherapy so the skin really sucks them in. You wake up and your skin feels amazing. The balm essential is also fab for when i have break outs as it really heals them, if you have ingrowing hairs it helps to bring them out and when i have an allergic reaction to my threading it takes it away in two days. Everyone needs a balm essential in their bathroom cabinet!


The balm is solid in the jar so use your spatula (it comes in the packaging) to scoop out the amount you need. I used my fingers. The amount on my hand did my whole face and neck. Once you have the amount in your hand rub your hands together and it melts the waxes within the balm, it goes into a beautiful silky texture that i then apply everywhere but my eye area. It does leave a residue on the skins surface so make sure you're not sleeping on silk sheets on anything that oil may transfer onto. It's pure luxury for the skin and you notice a difference in your skin just after one application.



So there's my nightime routine for those three days. I don't change my routine massively on the other days but i do things differently. I shall do a post on those soon. I hope you found this interesting.

Number of products: 5
Time to do: 5 minutes
Times a week: 3

Clarins One Step Cleanser: http://www.clarins.co.uk/one-step-facial-cleanser-with-orange-extract/0005510.html

Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Toner: http://www.clarins.co.uk/gentle-exfoliator-brightening-toner/C010201008.html?start=1

Decleor Essential Tonifying Lotion: http://www.decleor.co.uk/products/aroma-cleanse-essential-tonifying-lotion

Clarins Eye Contour Gel: http://www.clarins.co.uk/eye-contour-gel/C010301011.html?start=1

Decleor Neroli Balm Essential: http://www.decleor.co.uk/products/aromessence-neroli-night-balm


***Nothing in this post in sponsored. All the products i have featured in this blog have either been purchased by myself or i received them on training with the company or through commission schemes. All opinions are my own too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment