Tuesday 18 February 2014

Monthly Motivations: Dance like no-one is watching

Hey,

Hope you've all had a lovely Valentines day. After i did my mindfulness post i wanted to make it a monthly thing and post positives to remind you lovely people how fab you all are.

As usual there was something that triggered off my thinking and gave me the inspiration for my post.

The inspiration came from my exercise class last Monday. We were doing Circuits, we had 3 stations, at every station there were 4 exercises to do, all stations targeted a different area i.e. legs/cardio etc. In my Monday class there is a down syndrome girl that comes with her mum. She's lovely and always has a big smile on her face. This class we were put into three groups at a certain station, once all 4 exercises were done we'd swap round. This girl was put in my group. So we were exercising away and i looked to my left and saw that whenever we went left she went right, whenever we jumped up she'd follow after, when we'd finish with a clap she'd clap seconds after. We carried on and by the time we had moved twice and were on our third station a couple of the other women started to say "look, left...right...left....right.." and it hit me!

It is drilled into us to conform. To wear the right thing, to behave a certain way, for your blogs to have a certain look and to exercise in the same direction. Why did it bother people so much that she was going in the opposite direction??? She wasn't bumping into anyone, she wasn't injuring herself and most of all she was having fun! Who are we to say that she was wrong? Trying to guide her in the right direction...when actually what she was doing was right just not the same way we were.


No-one who was truly amazing was a sheep. The greatest people out there break the mould, take a risk and embrace that they are different. If we all conformed there would be no new music genres, no fashion differences, no science breakthroughs. Look at Lady Gaga - absolutely her own person and we worship her for it, why? Because she does it with confidence, she is very much - this is me. I say it on my blog alot that i don't post the same things as everyone else, i will put photos of me with no make -up on, i will take photos when i havn't spend 3 hours getting camera ready and to me thats ok...because my followers will be for me, not because i fitted in with everyone else. Remember to do that for you, you may be the latest breakthrough.

Think of things like on Friends where Phoebe goes running with Rachel -
Or on Morcombe and Wise where he plays the piano and says "i'm playing all the right notes, just not necessarily in the right order"


Enjoy life....do the things that make you happy =)

Love to you all

Tiz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment