Sunday 19 January 2014

Look of the day - Meet and greets

Hello my lovelies, 

Hope you've all had a fabulous weekend, i can't believe how quickly time off work goes and it's back to it tomorrow. Today was a day of meeting with family and going to see people. I wanted to be presentable but not too dressed up. 




 For my make up I used:

- Benefit Porefessional Primer
- Estee Lauder - Double wear foundation shade "Desert Rose"
- MAC ProLongwear Concealer shade "NW20"
- Urban Decay Naked Basic Pallet 
- MAC - Gel Liner in black 
- HD Brow Pallet in shade "Foxy"
- 2 true bronzer (shade doesnt have a name or number)
- MAC blush in shade "Melba"
- Rimmel stay matte powder in shade "004"
- Maybelline Falsies mascara in black
- MAC lipstick in "hot gossip"

It was very simple and didn't take long. I used the eyeshadow pallet to underline my bottom lashes. Used the bronzer to give slight contour and a nude lip to finish it off. Perfect for when you want to look complete and presentable without it being too time consuming or look to heavy. 



As you can see up close a very subtle eye look(although you cant see the dark in my crease very well in his photo) and also how i shape my brows and fill them in. 





















Next is hair - i'd just taken a shower so my hair was fresh. I let it dry 80% naturally and applied a small amount of the Revlon Orofluido oil to the mid and ends of my hair as you can see from my photos it doesn't look greasy or weighed down. 

I blow dried my hair with my GHD AIR hairdryer with no nozzle until it was completely dry. As im useless at drying my hair with a brush i have to create the "blow dried" look with my straighteners. Its very simple i straighten my hair then ad a slight twist at the end. You can see how it came out. I love it, it's nice to wear yours hair straight but the twist just adds a bit of volume and movement so it's not completely flat. With a little hairspray it stays like this. A little touch of elegance. 

Next my outfit - It's still really cold here in the UK (but no snow thank god) so a warm but comfy attire was needed. I chose simple jeans from River Island, they're skinny but they're higher waist-ed not the low rise ones so you don't have the worry of hoicking them up every time you sit/bend down and there's no worry of them slipping down to show your underwear when you walk. 
I have a plain long tank top on under neath from Primark. And to say it was only like £3.00 it washes really well and i put them under everything (i buy a selection of colours)I then put this crop jumper over the top from Bank, it's not the thickest but i was warm enough. I like the buckles and the edginess it gives the outfit.
To finish off i wore my khaki wedges from New Look, comfy and stylist at the same time. 





  
If you have any requests on blogs you would like to see i.e. how to fill in your brows please let me know =)

Niget Niget
Lizzie x

6 comments:

  1. Your make-up and hair is so lovely!

    Hollie x
    holliefurniss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your brows!

    Hannah x
    hanneh44@blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i HD them and use the HD pallet in Foxy

      xx

      Delete