Tuesday 14 January 2014

Hair Care - For an Oily scalp and hair treatments

Hello lovelies,

Hope the start of the week has been good to you. I did my body skin care favourites, and here's my hair care. I have a really oily scalp so finding products to suit my hair can be difficult. Here's my favourites so far.


Shampoo and Conditioner:

I use two shampoos one everytime I wash my hair the other once maximum twice a week.

John Freida Sheer blonde highlight enhancing shampoo: I bought this when I was blonde and like the formula so I've carried on using it. I don't find it dries out my hair and it doesn't make it too oily either. I wash my hair every other day. I know they say that the less you wash your hair the less oily it gets. That isn't the case with me. I've tried it and I just end up looking like I really need a wash no matter how much dry shampoo I use. So every other day it is for me.

Kerastase Clarifique Shampoo: I ADORE this shampoo. A friend told me about Kerastase and I thought i'd give it a go and omg am I glad I did!! This is a clarifying shampoo specially for oily hair. I don't use it every wash as I found with other clarifying shampoos it can give me a dry scalp and personally id rather have oily hair than dandruff. It's perfect for clearing your scalp of any excess oil that has built up over the week, it's also perfect for if you've used a lot of product to really clear your hair of all product left in the hair. It's £16.00  bottle which isn't cheap but totally worth it. I'm looking into getting the conditioner.

Loreal Ever Pure conditioner: I love the smell of this, it's really minty and smells so fresh. it's a little too oily for my hair but i'm finishing the bottle anyway. I like that it has no sulphates so it's less damaging to my hair. They do a whole range on this and I would definitely recommend it to my friends to try it.




Herbal Essenses Beautiful Ends Hair Mask - I rarely use a hair mask with it being so oily, but at least twice I month I try to just to make sure it stays in tip top condition. This is lovely and at only £5.00 it's a good drug store mask. Smells beautiful and I definitely see a different and feel a difference in my hair after I've used it


Revlon Orofluido Oil - I have always been a little sceptical about oils especially with having an oily scalp but after trying this I am a total convert!! I only apply this to the mid-ends of my hair but what a difference it has made. My hair is so healthy. It is more of a medium weight oil so definately don't use it on your scalp unless you have really dry hair. I constantly get comments on how soft my hair is and how healthy it is. Definitely worth a purchase! This is a professional product so you'd have to go in a salon to buy it.

 
Batiste Dry Shampoo - An absolute essential for anyone!! I buy the one for brunette hair as it doesn't leave as much of a white mist on your hair. I use this on my second day hair as it will already start to look a but oily this just freshens it up for that day until I re-wash it.
 
 
My Tips for hair care:
 
1. Find a shampoo and conditioner that suits you.
2. Get your hair cut regularly - My biggest pet peeve is girls with really long hair who refuse to get it cut and it ends up looking like straggly rats ends. If you're growing your hair have it cut every twelve weeks, if your maintaining your hair have it cut every six weeks. Just ask for the dead ends taking off or in my words "what it needs and nothing more" This way it stays healthy and looks healthy.
3. If you have oily hair blow dry it, or at least blow dry the roots - mid length. If I let my hair dry naturally it gets oilier quickly when I blow dry it the cleanliness lasts longer.
4. Most people put a lot of emphasis on keeping the damaged ends moisturised which I agree you should, but how it is at the ends represents how you looked after it at the root. I never put oil on my roots but when I have conditioned I used a wide tooth comb to brush through my hair this conditions my hair without making it look oily. Try and keep your hair healthy the whole way down.
5. Try to wear your hair up without using any heat every now and again. Heat damages your hair so try to lay off it all the time.
6. I colour my hair all the time every 6-8 weeks to be exact. And I change the colour all the time I just get bored with it. So make sure if it's bleach you have that you're completely taking care of your hair and maybe go dark every once in a while to get some condition back in it.
 
Let me know your favourite hair care products and if you have any great tips too =)
 
Lizzie xxx
 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I used to struggle with oily hair too! Where is your follow button? I would love to follow and maybe you can follow back?

    :) Savanna

    http://savvystyle97.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete