Monday 30 December 2013

Current favourite body products (Dec2013)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Body products, love them or loathe them we all have bathroom cupboards stuffed full of scrubs, tans, mousturisers, cellulite busters, firming creams, softening, brightening lotions and potions, but do we ever truly use all of them?

Three years ago i looked in my cupboard and realised i had box upon box of body products from gifts or things i had bough myself. I made a vow to not buy a single product until i had used every single one up. I'm a very organised person so i hate to have baskets and storage filled with 20 shower gels, and 10 moisturisers. Here are my top tips for keeping things organised in your bathroom.

1. Have a good sort out, throw out anything that is half used, that you dont like or wont use. (or give them away if they can be salvaged)

2. Get one product out at a time and use that one up. i.e. Have one shower gel, one moisturiser, one scrub. You go through that one bottle alot quicker than using a little bit of lots of products. Its a good way to run down products.

3. Change with the seasons, i love fresh scents in the summer and heavier moisturisers in the winter. Go with your skin and what it feels like.

3 years on and my bathroom only has products i truly love in it. That being said let me show you my current skincare favourites.





 
We recently got a Victoria's Secret store in Leeds and Sheffield which i am LOVING and a total addict already. I have two of their shower gels. The top one is 'Aqua Kiss' This has a very fresh, light fragrance which i love as i feel so clean and light. My only problem with it is my skin feels tight when i get out the shower, i think it may be drying my skin out but i shall finish the bottle. I then got 'Midnight Exotics' for christmas. This is such a soothing scent and it's perfect before bed if you're like me and like a shower before bed. I've yet to try this so i dont know if this one tightens my skin too. They lather up really well and last ages on your sponge too. At £9.00 each they're no radox £1.00 bargain but for a little bit of luxury and the bottles look great too i'd highly recommend.
 


 
This was a gift for my birthday and i LOVE IT! it comes out as a cream but it foams up so well, even after washing it off your skin feels silky smooth. I also like that a little goes a long way. The scent is beautiful and one which i think everybody will love, not too potent but once you've dried off you can still smell it on you. This is £7.00 for 100ml which i think is really good. A bonus is it's sold in boots which do an advantage points card, 3 for 2 on most things including no.7 and no.7 themseves are always doing £5.00 off vouchers meaning you could get this beautiful body wash for £2 whole pounds bargain!



 
Like your face you should exfoliate your body once to twice a week, working those particular dry prone areas such as knees, elbows, legs. I bought this PINK Victoria's Secret wash and scrub on the 3 for £25.00 deal. I love the smell, i love it as a wash but as a scrub i havn't been all too impressed. It looks really grainy but the minute water hits it, it turns to nothing. I use this as my 'i need a top up scrub' product. If i want a vigorous scrub i use exfoliating mitts (0.89p a bargain and they;re great and quick if you're in a hurry) I have a new scrub which i am looking forward to trying once this has run out - i shall review when tried.
 


 
Clarins Satin Smooth body lotion - I won this at work through a competition and i have to say this product is beautiful. It's rich enough for me (they have a rich version if you have chronically dry skin) i love this on my lower half, it does sit on your skin ever so slightly but i dont mind this feeling, i know it bothers other though. £24.00 for 200ml. With all Clarins products a beautiful scent.



 
THEE most amazing self tan moisturiser and a drug store product too! I have tried many of the other brands that do a self tan moisturiser but non compare to this. I get the medium to dark formula and within one application i have clients at work telling me i look really healthy. A weeks worth of applying (even with exfoliating twice weekly) i look like ive had a spray tan. The colour coverage is fab. I'm lucky enough to have an olive base to my skin so this product doesn't go orange on me but paler skins may want to try the lighter version. its £5.49 for the bottle and superdrug sometimes does 2 for £5.00 - i use that to my advantage and stock up =)
 


 
This foot cream is a little sample size i got but i'm in love. It smells beautiful and it's not minty like most foot creams are it smells very similar to the satin smooth body cream. It sinks in really well too which i like. twice a week i love to PedEgg my feet, lather them in this foot cream put socks on and go to sleep. The warmth of the socks allows the moisturiser to sink in further giving you a better result and keeping those trotters nice and soft. I shall definately be purchasing to full size which is £22.00 for 100ml.

So that's my current body product favourites that i have been using for the past 3 months or so. I'm coming to the end of alot of them so i'm looking forward to trying new products. Please leave me comments of your favourite body products so i can try them too.

Happy Pampering

Lizzie x

2 comments:

  1. I'm craving for that Victoria's secret Midnight Exotics. :) Nice post!
    Happy new year!

    www.beautyheel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the products you've selected!

    Have a wonderful day.

    xoxo
    Kelly

    http://www.we-heart-fashion.com

    ReplyDelete